Join 1,000 women leaders in business and government from around the globe at the leading forum for women impacting the global economy since 1990.
FEW is excited to support the 2017 Global Summit of Women, taking place in Tokyo, Japan on May 11-13, 2017 at the Grand Prince New Takanawa Hotel, Shinagawa. Bringing together women leaders from every corner of the world, the 2017 Summit will salute women’s achievements while continuing to explore practical strategies and best practices in improving women’s economic status, whether they are corporate initiatives, public policies or NGO programs.
The theme of the 2017 Summit — “Beyond Womenomics: Accelerating Access” — showcases various initiatives developed in different parts of the world to speed up both women’s access to corporate leadership roles as well as strategies for growing women-owned enterprises worldwide. In addition, the 2017 Summit will inform delegates on how to access the Japanese and Asia-Pacific market, showcase women business and government leaders from the region, and provide skills- building sessions, as well as establish networks among such leaders. Join the Summit to be inspired, to learn, and to share lessons with women from more than seventy economies around the world.
- Pre-Summit Roundtable for Women Government Ministers on best practices in public/private sector partnerships for advancing women’s economic opportunities;
- Plenary sessions which cover Regional and Global Megatrends that impact economies around the world;
- Women CEO Forum on Accelerating Women’s Corporate Leadership;
- Practical strategies for business growth – personal and entrepreneurial – developed in different parts of the world;
- Skills-building sessions in three tracks: Leadership Development, Entrepreneurial, and Issues; and
- Creative tips from women entrepreneurs succeeding in the global economy.
The 2017 Summit offers:
- Inspirational role models from every continent among our impressive roster of over 80 presenters
- Ample networking opportunities at breakfasts, lunches, and receptions throughout the event
- Information on doing business with Japan and Asia
- Insight into women driving business growth as consumers and business leaders
- Numerous sessions to help ‘grow’ your leadership skills, your business, and your network… and more!
*Discounted rates for non-profit, NGO, government, and small businesses.
June 2017 Women’s Start-up Club Recap: Mentorship and Networking
The FEW Women’s Start-up Club wrapped up the year on June 29, with a timely presentation on mentoring and motivation for entrepreneurs by Patricia Bader Johnston. Patricia’s career in Japan has spanned the public sector, including the Canadian Embassy, and the private sector, including positions at Goldman Sachs and Japan Tabaco, corporate decision-making as a […]Published on 1st August 2017
Event Recap: Few & Mirai no Mori Concert For a Cause
What a night! On behalf of all of us at FEW, a great, big thank you for joining us for Concert For a Cause! On a balmy, summer night, FEW members, friends and performers got together at British pub 2nd Half in Takadanobaba for a night of music to raise funds for Mirai No Mori, an NPO providing […]Published on 14th July 2017
How I Got Here: Joanna Sato
I look through the windows of my Japanese home at the cityscape of Tokyo and I see how my life has been a series of navigating varied landscapes. The landscape I inhabit now is very different from the one of my hometown in the south of Poland, where my journey began. I first left home […]Published on 30th June 2017
July Strategic Partner News
Check out the latest member offers and opportunities from our Strategic Partners here! Our Strategic Partners are committed to bringing the best services and products to FEW members. And go to our Strategic Partners page to learn more about all of FEW’s Strategic Partners, who not only support FEW’s activities but also provide professional and […]Published on 29th June 2017
Q&A with tailor Melanie Uematsu
Leading up to our upcoming monthly meeting on ‘One Size Doesn’t Fit All,’ we’re featuring a Q&A with our speaker, tailor Melanie Uematsu. The Q&A is modeled on the Proust Questionnaire, designed to reveal insights into the respondent’s personality. Hear about women’s love-hate relationship with the fashion industry, why one style doesn’t fit all, and how […]Published on 28th June 2017
SAVE THE DATE - September Monthly Meeting
Join us September 14th as we kick of the 2017-2018 FEW Year with our first monthly meeting. A great chance to learn, connect and be inspired!
SAVE THE DATE - September Women's Start-Up Club
Do you run your own business or are you thinking of starting one? Join the first FEW Women's Start-Up Club of 2017-2018 to share your projects and passions and connect with other like-minded when who may be able to help you in your entrepreneurial journey.