Check out the latest offers and opportunities from our Sponsors and other FEW Community Events here! Our Sponsors are committed to bringing the best services and products to FEW members. Visit our Sponsors page to learn more about all of FEW’s Sponsors, who not only support FEW’s activities but also provide professional and personal services benefiting the wider FEW community.
October Offers from our Sponsors:
- Club 360: October Special – 10 packs and monthly unlimited classes only ¥29,900 (usually 33,000)
- Elana Jade: October Special – Peeling Facial Course for ¥42,000 (4 60min facial treatments) and Sable 100 Lash for ¥6,000
- JMEC: Japan Market Expansion Competition (JMEC), often called a “Mini MBA”, starts in November with a 5-week Saturday lecture series covering topics related to business plan writing and how to do business in Japan. FEW has again partnered up with JMEC and is offering one full scholarship and two partial scholarships for FEW Members, applications due Oct. 10th!
- Find Your Element: 100% off for the first FEW Member signing up for an FYE Workshop – they start Oct. 3rd – & 50% off for the second FEW Member signing up for an FYE Workshop.
October Events and Other News:
- The World’s Biggest Drawing Festival – Sunday, Oct. 28th: Last year, we brought the world’s largest drawing festival to Japan for the first time! And this year, we’re not only bringing it back… But we’re collaborating in a bilateral, UK-Japan art event across countries, cultures and time zones!
- Find Your Element Workshop ’18 Fall Season: Find Your Element Workshop is the best workshop Tokyo has to offer which is led by top experts from a variety of fields and it starts Oct. 3rd. FYE Leaders are carefully selected each Season to best equip and empower you with necessary life skills in order to maximize your true potentials. The 12-week Fall 2018 evening program is held in Omotesando and is comprised of two components: 1. Self-discovery for “grounding,” facilitated by trained life coaches/facilitators, and 2. “Inspirational” workshops led by top experts from various fields to share their personal journeys and life skills.
- One such inspirational workshop on Oct. 17th will be led by FEW Sponsor and President Emeritus Sarah Furuya of Sarah Furuya Coaching. The topic of her workshop is “Mind Your Own Business,” which will allow participants to create a more free, loving, relaxing, and powerful approach to life – creating boundaries around how far to get involved in other people’s business so you can focus more on your own.
- Tokyo International Players (TIP) – Tokyo International Players presents, as their season opener, Bertolt Brecht’s famous parable THE GOOD PERSON OF SZECHWAN in English. Shen Teh, a kind-hearted woman from the slums, sets out on a new life after receiving a gift of one thousand silver dollars from the gods. But it isn’t long before needy neighbors, a questionable love affair, and abandonment by the gods threaten to overwhelm the beleaguered Shen. Can anyone be truly good, or must we all rely on a little ruthlessness and cunning to get by? From Oct. 18th-Oct. 21st, come see the largest, oldest English-language theatre company in Japan perform a true classic of the Western theatrical canon.
Upcoming Fall 2018 Community Service Events
With the changing of the leaves comes many opportunities to support various NGOs and their efforts. Take a look at the events below and reach out to the organizations through the contact information provided if you’re interested in lending a helping hand! The Big Draw Festival 2018 The world’s largest cross-cultural drawing festival, led by […]Published on 15th October 2018
Recap: WSC — Creating Your Story & Brand with the Help of Masterminding Groups
“A brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.” – Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon For the 2018-2019 season, Women’s Startup Club focuses on helping you create YOUR story and brand, kicking off the season with Masterminding—Supporting Your Success. Thirty women from diverse career backgrounds, a wide variety of […]Published on 7th October 2018
September Monthly Meeting Recap – Rina Bovrisse
From Prada Epicenter to Court Battle…and How She Persists Rina Bovrisse, a former fashion industry leader who sued her employer – Prada Japan – for discrimination and sexual harassment in 2009 and, eventually, lost her fashion career due that suit, shared her inspiring journey at the FEW Monthly Meeting in September. Now running her own […]Published on 26th September 2018
July Monthly Meeting Recap – Ama Divers
Living at the pace of the ocean In July, FEW welcomed professor Anne McDonald from Sophia University to share the stories of Ama divers, female free divers of Japan, during the Monthly Meeting. McDonald has been researching the Ama communities by interviewing the members and taking part in their daily life – even diving into […]Published on 26th September 2018
CANCELLED - Earthquake Preparedness Workshop with WaNavi Japan
Disasters happen. WaNavi, with FEW, will help you prepare for them.
Rethinking Strengths with Professional Certified Coach Jennifer Shinkai
In this experiential workshop, participants will create a visual map of their strengths based upon the concept of “Strengths are what make me strong”.
Midweek Lunch Mixer
Take a break from work and join us for delicious food and great networking at our monthly midweek lunch gathering at Cafe Park in Ebisu!
Note: The Lunch Mixer will take place on a Wednesday!