Check out the latest member offers and opportunities from our Strategic Partners and other FEW Community Events here! Our Strategic Partners are committed to bringing the best services and products to FEW members. And go to our Strategic Partners page to learn more about all of FEW’s Strategic Partners, who not only support FEW’s activities but also provide professional and personal services benefiting the wider FEW community.
Offers from our Strategic Partners
- Club 360: September Class Special – Unlimited Classes for only ¥29,900 & Class 10 packs for only ¥29,900
- Elana Jade: September Specials – 180 Volume Lash for only ¥8,800 & Brazilian & Underarm Wax for only ¥8,400
- JMEC: Japan Market Expansion Competition (JMEC) Often called a “Mini MBA”, the JMEC programs starts in November with a 5-week Saturday lecture series covering topics related to business plan writing and how to do business in Japan. The classroom instruction and workshops are led by business professionals working successfully in Japan. The second part starts in January with the actual research, analysis and writing of the business plan. Participants are placed onto teams of 5-6 people and paired with a company which is seeking to enter or expand into the Japanese market. Join their information sessions in September and October. Also: FEW has again partnered up with JMEC and is offering one full scholarship and two partial scholarships for FEW Members!
- Mom in Balance: September Special Offer for FEW Members – Get back into your workout routine after summer! Join Mom in Balance Tokyo for a fun and challenging outdoor workout and get a free workout on top of your plan in September!
Events and other News:
- Mega Clothes Swap 10 – Saturday, Sep. 29th: Hosted by Sarah Furuya Coaching together with Amy Hanashiro & H&M. Pull out your wardrobe and decides what stays and what goes and swap while enjoying Amy’s hospitality. Get two drinks as part of the entry up to 100 people. Although still a women-only and lady-identifying event, space is opened for masculine wear and there is also an official kid’s corner.
- The World’s Biggest Drawing Festival – Sunday, Oct. 28th: Last year, we brought the world’s largest drawing festival to Japan for the first time! And this year, we’re not only bringing it back… But we’re collaborating in a bilateral, UK-Japan art event across countries, cultures and time zones!
- Home (Office) Organizing Classes – Sep. 13th & 27th / Oct. 11th / Nov. 1st / 15th: If clutter and disorganization in your home and life are causing you stress and feel you waste time these workshops are for you. Professional Organizer Nathalie Brantsma will provide you with simple, practical and proven methods to simplify your home and improve your life. You will learn how to get started, keep going and stay motivated to create a home(office) that looks and feels good. Nathalie started her Professional Organizing career in New Zealand and now she is based in Japan. She is a member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (“NAPO”) and Institute for Challenging Disorganization (“ICD”). She holds Specialist Certificates in Challenging Disorganization and ADHD Organizing.
- Find Your Element Workshop ’18 Fall Season: Find Your Element Workshop is the best workshop Tokyo has to offer which is led by top experts from a variety of fields. FYE Leaders are carefully selected each Season to best equip and empower you with necessary life skills in order to maximize your true potentials. Our 12-week Fall 2018 evening program is held in Omotesando and is comprised of two components: 1. Self-discovery for “grounding,” facilitated by trained life coaches/facilitators, and 2. “Inspirational” workshops led by top experts from various fields to share their personal journeys and life skills. Join us for inspiration, motivation and transformation!
- Mom in Balance Trial Workouts in September – Join us in September for trial workouts in new locations! Sep. 18th – Rinko Park – Yokohama @ 10am / Sep. 20th – Arisugawa Park – Hiroo @ 9.30am / Sep. 25th – Chigasaki Park – Yokohama (Close to the German School) @ 10am. Mom in Balance Tokyo offers outdoor workouts for pregnant women, postnatal recovery workouts and total body workouts for all women who want to be fit and in shape! Our mission is to support as many women and moms (to be) as possible in building a strong, energetic life foundation through our workouts and network of positive, inspiring women.
- Dale Carnegie Workshop – Sep. 11th: Free workshop on how to use empowerment to move people and change the world. Workshop leader Ms. Atsuko Fish explores how we can use empowerment as a driving force to move people and change the world without the fear of failure. Participants can ask questions at any time and are invited to stay after the workshop for networking. This workshop is held in Japanese only. Registrations can be made via Phone: 03-4563-1963 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blu Jam Cafe goes 100% Plastic Straw-Free! We at Blu Jam Cafe strongly believe in helping and enriching the lives of our community and the environment. Currently, we use paper take out boxes, cups and bags. We reuse and recycle our paper and menus to get the most out of our supplies. To continue environment-friendly change, we’ve also decided to remove 90% of our plastic straws and will implement the use of custom-made metal straws, which will be available for use with our in house-made smoothies. Metal straws have become a popular alternative to plastic in recent years. Besides their elegant appearance, they are also more durable than plastic and paper, reusable, easy to clean and 100% safe to use.
Q&A with Rina Bovrisse, activist and founder of the Chateau School
Leading up to our upcoming monthly meeting – The Accidental Activist : From Chanel to Governor of Tokyo? – we’re featuring a quick Q&A with speaker Rina Bovrisse. The Q&A is modeled on the Proust Questionnaire, designed to reveal insights into the respondent’s personality. Join us for an insightful discussion next Wednesday, September 12, as Rina […]Published on 9th September 2018
Insider Intel on the Japan Market Expansion Competition
When the opportunity to apply for a Japan Market Expansion Competition (JMEC) scholarship through FEW arose, FEW members Jane Szafraniec (pictured center left) and Nina Cataldo (pictured center) jumped at the opportunity. To understand the full extent of why this was such an amazing space to be in, they’ve shared what JMEC is, their experiences […]Published on 7th September 2018
Event Recap: TELL & FEW Presents The Feminine Eye
On Saturday, August 8th, a group of 11 people interested in learning more about photography gathered at the National Art Center in Roppongi for a women-led photo walk by Selena Hoy, TELL Outreach Coordinator and FEW Community Services Director Tia Haygood, who also is a professional photographer of TopTia Photography.Published on 3rd September 2018
How I got Here: Kirsten O’Connor
I decided at age 7, quite resolutely that I wanted to be a teacher. All my decisions thereafter created the path to a teaching qualification, a first teaching post in London, a promotion and then the biggest decision of all – to apply for a teaching job overseas. In Japan no less. Accepting a […]Published on 27th August 2018
Masterminding – Supporting your Success
People buy things because they like the story behind the brand. YOUR story is a key element to your success. Join us as we kick-off the fifth season of the FEW Women's Start-Up Club focusing on the overarching theme of shaping Your Business Story.
FEW Fundraiser Event with Strategic Partner Mom in Balance Tokyo
Start your Sunday with an energetic and fun workout in Yoyogi Park hosted by instructors and FEW members Julie Mangen and Tanja Kinnen from Mom in Balance Tokyo.
October 2018 Members Exclusive Wine Night
Join FEW for our twice-yearly members-exclusive wine night, courtesy of our Strategic Partner Oakwood Premier Midtown. Come along, network, and share your stories around a nice glass of wine in the stunning ambiance of the resident's lounge!
Midweek Lunch Mixer
Take a break from work and join us for delicious food and great networking at our monthly midweek lunch gathering at Blu Jam Cafe in Daikanyama!
Note: The Lunch Mixer will take place on a Wednesday!