Happy New Year from FEW!
Thank you to everyone who joined us at all our events since we kicked off the 2017-2018 FEW Year in September. As the go-to place for personal and professional learning, connection and inspiration, FEW is proud to offer various events, resources, and networking opportunities for internationally-minded women in Japan. We look forward to seeing our members, guests, and partners – old and new – at our 2018 events as well!
We’ve had a great autumn, full of learning, new connections, and inspiring experiences. Here’s a look back at our autumn events, along with other highlights since the start of the FEW year:
- Launched 2 new Spotlight Features— The Strategic Partner Spotlight and the Community Services Feature Spotlight:
- Our Strategic Partner Spotlights featured Sarah Furuya, who shared how she developed a thriving coaching business, and Megumi Moss of CareFinder on finding the support, guidance at network at FEW to kickstart her successful babysitting business.
- Our Community Services Spotlights covered Tokyo Run for the Cure (in which FEW participated in December!), an interview with Charles McJilton of Second Harvest, and an interview with Angela Ortiz of A Place To Grow (beneficiary of FEW Bonenkai raffle).
- 3 Monthly Meetings on important and timely topics:
- Women in Japan: Past, Now and Future: ewomen CEO, Kaori Sasaki shared insights on becoming a pioneering female entrepreneur in Japan and encouraging diversity within Japanese companies.
- Multiculturalism through Japan’s Eyes: Four panelists discussed how Japan is dealing with an influx of foreigners and how they fit into broader government policies for a multicultural Japan.
- Disruptive Innovation: Shifts in Technology: FutureEdu co-founder Emi Takemura shared her insights on technological shifts helping us live better, how she founded online event platform Peatix, and discussed her passion for helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- CareFinder, founded by FEW member Megumi Moss, became our newest Strategic Partner! CareFinder offers FEW members ¥2500 off first month of CareFinder membership + Money Back Guarantee. Find out more about all of our partners here.
- Over 70 members, guests, friends, and partners enjoyed a fantastic end-of-year party at our Fire & Ice Bonenkai at H&R Roppongi, where we raised ¥95,000 for A Place To Grow, and enjoyed entertainment from acoustic guitarist Marina Yoshimura and portrait artist Yumimpo.
- 2 Women’s Start-Up Club meetings on: “Sharing your Passion and Maintain it through Masterminding” and “Marketing with a Purpose,” with Strategy and Implementation Consultant Zsuzsanna Jarfas of Japan Creative Enterprises. (Recap coming soon!)
- 2 Special Events workshops: One led by Helen Iwata of Sasuga Communications on practical strategies to achieve networking success and one led by Sarah Furuya on how to say ‘no’ in order to say ‘yes’ to the people and activities you rather devote your time to.
- 3 fascinating Member Spotlights, featuring:
- FEW Vice President Nicola Vote, who describes how a one year student exchange program turned into 20 years of being captivated by Japan.
- Aya McCrindle, whoshared how the personal ‘tsunamis’ in her life gave her strength to create Find Your Element Workshops.
- And Alicia Narusé of Paradiddle Lifestyle, who revealed how she founded her furniture business and expanded her network and friendships through FEW.
- 3 fun Monthly Lunch Mixers for members and guests to connect and share stories and ideas with women from various professions in the middle of a busy working week.
We’re excited for our 2018 lineup of even more great events. Take a peek at what’s coming up here. Hope to see you there!
December 2018 FEW Bonenkai Recap
The Fabulous FEW 2018 Bonenkai Featured “All That Glitters” On the chilly night of December 7, 2018, more than 70 members, guests, and supporters joined FEW for the All That Glitters-themed Bonenkai at Dumbo Bar and Grill on the premises of The Strings Hotel Omotesando. The glamorous atmosphere of the restaurant matched perfectly with the […]Published on 14th January 2019
Sponsor Spotlight: Blu Jam Cafe
Home. A word that holds much meaning for so many people. Blu Jam Cafe has called Tokyo home for two years. Chef Kamil Majer, founder of the original Los Angeles branch crafted a menu and philosophy truly fit for anyone. It adorns options not so easily found in the city – vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, to […]Published on 2nd January 2019
January 2019 Sponsor Offers and Member News
Check out the latest offers and opportunities from our Sponsors and other FEW Community Events here! Our Sponsors are committed to bringing the best services and products to FEW members. Visit our Sponsors page to learn more about all of FEW’s Sponsors, who not only support FEW’s activities but also provide professional and personal services benefiting […]Published on 1st January 2019
November Monthly Meeting Recap – Leading the Way for Strong Women in the Corporate World
The FEW November Monthly Meeting was a collaborative event organized together with ADIDAS at their headquarters in Roppongi. FEW president Riya Rapp was one of the night’s panelists, along with ReebokONE Ambassador and fitness entrepreneur Erika Yamaguchi, and President of Johnson & Johnson K.K. Mario Stein. FEW programs co-director Jackie Steele moderated the panel.Published on 4th December 2018
December 2018 Sponsor Offers & Member News
Check out the latest offers and opportunities from our Sponsors and other FEW Community Events here! Our Sponsors are committed to bringing the best services and products to FEW members. Visit our Sponsors page to learn more about all of FEW’s Sponsors, who not only support FEW’s activities but also provide professional and personal services benefiting […]Published on 1st December 2018
New Year Brunch Mixer at Trunk (Hotel)
Join us for delicious food and great networking over Japanese “one soup and three side dishes” -style brunch at Shibuya's classy Trunk Kitchen after a long winter break!
Believe Your Story with Tanja Bach
Come join us for a hands-on workshop to polish your brand story and self-confidence at our brand new venue, Tokyo Chapter in Akasaka.
DIY Product Photography Workshop with TopTia
A workshop for all who want take better photos of objects, either with a smartphone or a camera, but don’t know where to start – TopTia Photography will guide you through the basics of taking compelling photos! Recommended especially for those whose business lean on beautiful photos!