Happy New Year from FEW!
Thank you to everyone who joined us at all our events since we kicked off the 2017-2018 FEW Year in September. As the go-to place for personal and professional learning, connection and inspiration, FEW is proud to offer various events, resources, and networking opportunities for internationally-minded women in Japan. We look forward to seeing our members, guests, and partners – old and new – at our 2018 events as well!
We’ve had a great autumn, full of learning, new connections, and inspiring experiences. Here’s a look back at our autumn events, along with other highlights since the start of the FEW year:
- Launched 2 new Spotlight Features— The Strategic Partner Spotlight and the Community Services Feature Spotlight:
- Our Strategic Partner Spotlights featured Sarah Furuya, who shared how she developed a thriving coaching business, and Megumi Moss of CareFinder on finding the support, guidance at network at FEW to kickstart her successful babysitting business.
- Our Community Services Spotlights covered Tokyo Run for the Cure (in which FEW participated in December!), an interview with Charles McJilton of Second Harvest, and an interview with Angela Ortiz of A Place To Grow (beneficiary of FEW Bonenkai raffle).
- 3 Monthly Meetings on important and timely topics:
- Women in Japan: Past, Now and Future: ewomen CEO, Kaori Sasaki shared insights on becoming a pioneering female entrepreneur in Japan and encouraging diversity within Japanese companies.
- Multiculturalism through Japan’s Eyes: Four panelists discussed how Japan is dealing with an influx of foreigners and how they fit into broader government policies for a multicultural Japan.
- Disruptive Innovation: Shifts in Technology: FutureEdu co-founder Emi Takemura shared her insights on technological shifts helping us live better, how she founded online event platform Peatix, and discussed her passion for helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- CareFinder, founded by FEW member Megumi Moss, became our newest Strategic Partner! CareFinder offers FEW members ¥2500 off first month of CareFinder membership + Money Back Guarantee. Find out more about all of our partners here.
- Over 70 members, guests, friends, and partners enjoyed a fantastic end-of-year party at our Fire & Ice Bonenkai at H&R Roppongi, where we raised ¥95,000 for A Place To Grow, and enjoyed entertainment from acoustic guitarist Marina Yoshimura and portrait artist Yumimpo.
- 2 Women’s Start-Up Club meetings on: “Sharing your Passion and Maintain it through Masterminding” and “Marketing with a Purpose,” with Strategy and Implementation Consultant Zsuzsanna Jarfas of Japan Creative Enterprises. (Recap coming soon!)
- 2 Special Events workshops: One led by Helen Iwata of Sasuga Communications on practical strategies to achieve networking success and one led by Sarah Furuya on how to say ‘no’ in order to say ‘yes’ to the people and activities you rather devote your time to.
- 3 fascinating Member Spotlights, featuring:
- FEW Vice President Nicola Vote, who describes how a one year student exchange program turned into 20 years of being captivated by Japan.
- Aya McCrindle, whoshared how the personal ‘tsunamis’ in her life gave her strength to create Find Your Element Workshops.
- And Alicia Narusé of Paradiddle Lifestyle, who revealed how she founded her furniture business and expanded her network and friendships through FEW.
- 3 fun Monthly Lunch Mixers for members and guests to connect and share stories and ideas with women from various professions in the middle of a busy working week.
We’re excited for our 2018 lineup of even more great events. Take a peek at what’s coming up here. Hope to see you there!
Q&A with Color and Style Consultant Maud Janssen
Leading up to our upcoming monthly meeting on ‘Reinvigoration & Reinvention: Color Your Life,’ we’re featuring a Q&A with Maud Janssen, a color and Style consultant working for the British company House of Colour. The Q&A is modeled on the Proust Questionnaire, designed to reveal insights into the respondent’s personality. Learn about how finding the right colors that suit you […]Published on 9th January 2018
FEW Community Survey 2017 Results
Results of the FEW Community Survey 2017 conducted in the summer have been released. This survey, which was sent to FEW members as well as the wider FEW community, was designed primarily to determine overall satisfaction level among current FEW members and wider community so as to ensure FEW is accomplishing its organizational mission and vision. Of the 158 […]Published on 4th January 2018
November 2017 Women’s Start-up Club Recap: Marketing with a Purpose
On November 29, the Women’s Start Up Club hosted Zsuzsanna Jarfas to speak about her experience and run an interactive workshop on “Marketing with a Purpose.” Every business needs a strategy to help define the direction and vision of that business. According to Zsuzsanna, the definition of strategy is “a plan to reach a financial […]Published on 4th January 2018
January Strategic Partner News
Check out the latest member offers and opportunities from our Strategic Partners here! Our Strategic Partners are committed to bringing the best services and products to FEW members. And go to our Strategic Partners page to learn more about all of FEW’s Strategic Partners, who not only support FEW’s activities but also provide professional and […]Published on 4th January 2018
Brunch Mixer at Blu Jam Cafe in Daikanyama
Join us for delicious food and great networking over brunch at Blu Jam Cafe on Sunday, January 28, at a special edition of our monthly midweek lunch gathering.
Women's Start Up Club: Online Presence - How to Create Content Online
Join us on Jan. 31 as Wolfgang Bierer of Endeavor SBC KK shares what online presence tools are available and gives a deeper understanding of the best ones for your particular business needs.